Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Greg, I have a 2015 Elantra. I was parking it yesterday

Customer Question

Hi Greg,
I have a 2015 Elantra. I was parking it yesterday and it just lunged forward causing me to hit the guard rail in front of me. It has approx. 4800 miles on it. I do primarily highway driving. I am noticing that it just seems to accelerate unusually high esp on the highway. It will go up to 4000+ rpms and I have to let off the gas to get it to shift gears. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Cindy
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
This could of been caused by a faulty electronic throttle body or accelerator pedal position sensor. Other possible causes are you accidentally hit both pedals at the same time, driving with 2 feet, the floor mat wadded up in the floor board against the accelerator pedal.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris