K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Hyundai Entourage SE: There; I have a 2007 Hyundai Entourage,

Customer Question

Hi There;
I have a 2007 Hyundai Entourage, and I am receiving erratic acceleration from stop. The check engine light is lit, and the OBDII reader tells me "lean on both banks". Should I suspect the fuel filter, or just replace the fuel pump? Running lean indicates a fuel system issue, but the erratic acceleration is making me ask the question... If it was not erratic, I would have thought fuel pump...
Do you have any advice for me?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are there any misfire codes present as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I looked I didn't see any at the time. I'll have to check again to confirm.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** running lean on both banks it is more than likely a fuel pressure issue. The erratic acceleration can be caused by an internal leak in the fuel pressure regulator which is part of the fuel pump module. The fuel filter is also part of the fuel pump module.both are non serviceable as separate parts. I asked about any misfires as low fuel pressure or a vacuum leak can also cause a lean condition, erratic accel and will pop a misfire code. If your engine idle is steady and within spec you most likely do not have a vacuum leak.
If it seems no vacuum leaks are present I would recommend fuel pump module replacement. I'll post a link below to the procedure. Copy and paste the link in your web browser to view. Feel free to reply back if you have any more questions.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103900598/entourage%20fp.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thanks. I will check it out this evening!
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, hope you have a great afternoon!