Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Have a 2006 Hyundai Azera and we are having an electrical problem.

Customer Question

Have a 2006 Hyundai Azera and we are having an electrical problem. While driving, when accelerating or stopping the lites (headlights and dashboard lites) will flicker. Have had the dealer ck the ground at the computer. Still doing it. Have had it to the dealer that sold us the car as well as the local Hyundai dealer. Nobody can fix the problem. Any suggestions?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOOKING INTO LEMON LAW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for an answer. Question was asked 12 May 2015 at 9:50 p.m. It is now May 13, 2015 at 11:17 p.m. Answer please!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. YOU R SORRY. I STILL HAVE NO RESPONSE TO MY PROBLEM. ANY ADVICE ON WHAT COULD B E THE PROBLEM? IT IS 1:28 IN THE A.M.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO!
Hi
While the lights are flickering, is the battery voltage steady in the 13-15 volt range?
In the fuse box under the hood, while flickering monitor the voltage on the H/LP LO and H/LP HI fuses. The voltage should be just about equal to battery voltage and not fluctuating.
Currently I believe this is an alternator issue.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
I have closed your duplicate new post where you wrote this.
2006 azera. two new alternators, wiring brushed and re-mounted on computer. It is tough to ck battery when you are driving down the highway. certified mechanics have ckd this out and don't know what to do. Neither do I. R u saying just to put in new battery?
After two new alternators?
Are you able to perform the tests I mentioned?
Thanks for letting me know a new alternator is in the vehicle, I did not know that from the prior information.
"While driving, when accelerating or stopping the lites (headlights and dashboard lites) will flicker."
While stopped is when I would like you to do these tests.
I closed your 2nd duplicate post as well.
Sorry your not pleased with my efforts.
Are you not able to perform any testing?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Has the engine and body grounds been verified ok.
I have seen many cars with bad negative leads (and sometimes positive leads) that get hot from poor crimps and cause all sorts of issues.
Gary