Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 2009 hyundai santa fe with low beams that won't work.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 hyundai santa fe with low beams that won't work. Bulbs test OK, fuses test ok for each. Also have switched out both left and right side low beam relays...no good. First right side went out.....three weeks later, right side. No power to lamp outlet and right and left fuses get power and are good
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Since you are not getting power to the bulbs then the next step would be to see if you are getting power out of the relays , see the enclosed wiring diagram for reference as to which wires to check. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link. Check this and post back and we can work from there if need be.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Low%20beam%20circuit%20MAy%2012.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron:
The bare schematic drawing really is kind of useless for me. What I need is guidance as to what wires to check, the location of those wires, how to ID them, and where, within the engine compartment, the wires are located.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
You need to check the two power wire out of the relays to the low beams. They are marked in the diagram. Access the wiring coming out of the junction box where the relays mount.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What color are these wires that conduct power to low beams. Do I need to disconnect the entire fuse/relay box in order to access these wires?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The left low beam bulb signal is red (pin 24 out of the junction box) and the right bulb low bean signal is purple (pin 27 out of the junction box) .The wires are the same color at the bulb sockets.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have narrowed the problem down to a faulty BCM. Would you please check onthe location of this module on my 2009 santa fe with 6cyl
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The BCM is located behind the dash to the left of the steering column. See the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/BCM%20May%2029.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if the car wii require reprogramming by the dealer after I switch
Out the old bcm with the new part?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes BCM replacement will require programming.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the programming necessary for recognition of the remotes....or for additional fuctions. Also, is dealer the only place that wo7ld have the necessary scanner/programmer. Finaly is it possible the dealer would provide the n3cessary programming after I changed the BCM?..