EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Hyundai Sonata Limited: my 2011 sonata limited with push button

Customer Question

my 2011 sonata limited with push button start...wont start properly. After I press the start button it sounds as if the starter isn't activating. I see all my warning lights but have nothing happening except it sounds as if it is still electrically trying to start ??? If I press the start again it has started ??? Most of the time it didn't. I also didn't know the cause of the problem and had the battery replaced today. That isn't the problem. Can you please help me??? Jay
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It is possible that your starter is going bad. A starter will commonly not start when they are failing. It may sometimes make a clicking noise but the engine will not turn over. You can also check whether or not the starter is getting power with a test light. Please respond to let me know. Thanks.