Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

Hyundai: my hyundai indicator light went off and my car was

Customer Question

my hyundai indicator light went off and my car was jerking to get back home. got home and turned it off and turned it back on it not doing the jerking?
pulled out a parking lot, felt a jerk, then I had no power is was messing and running rough
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question... Unfortunately, there are a few different things that can cause the symptoms you are describing. There is no way for me to be 100% accurate without seeing the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (aka "P-codes"). However, from what you describe, it sounds like it "might" be a problem with the transmission. However, there are also some sensors on the engine, that when faulty, can create a by-product symptom that effects the transmission. Best bet at the point would be to have those P-Codes read from the on-board computer. These p-codes will point towards the part/sensor that has the problem and then from there, we can more accurately and efficiently determine the root of the problem and make the correct repair. You can have these p-codes read FREE (except in California) at any local "big chain" part store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, Advanced, etc). Again, I'm sorry I couldn't be more accurate with knowing the problem, but again, almost impossible without knowing where to start looking. Please remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.