George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Elantra: George how are you doing, I have hyundai

Customer Question

Hi George how are you doing, I have hyundai Elantra 2007 front stud broke off so I have the replacement one take the tire, brake however I dont see how you can take the old one f off without taking the hub off ? is there a way
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
You used to be able to replace the stud but they no longer leave a recess so the hub needs to be pulled out. I have had success using a slide hammer to pull the hub out about 1/2" and grinding 1/4 of the head of the new stud so there is just enough room to swing it back in the hole and tighten it down then I use my forcing screw from a Hub Shark kit to push the hub back into the bearing.
This is not Hyundai procedure, they want you to pull the hub and replace the stud in a press then install a new bearing.
Please let me know what I can do to help you with this
Thank you