Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Hyundai entouage: 2007 hyundai entourage I replaced the left

Customer Question

2007 hyundai entourage I replaced the left half shaft to correct a knocking noise in front end. Knocking noise is gone but the ABS and ESC lights are both on. The axles side by side looked identical. I need help..
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** cv axle for the abs and the non abs are identical, the tone ring for the abs sensor gets its reading off the wheel bearing assembly, have checked to see if you inaverdantly knocked the sensor connector off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the sensor on the left wheel. It appears it is bolted in with a 10 mm bolt. The wire is intact and I don't notice any damage.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
then you will need to have the codes read to determine the problem, if it comes back with a code for the left wheel sensor, then suspect a bad sensor, or the wheel bearing is bad,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no codes. I'll replace the sensor tomorrow. Will I be able to contact you tomorrow if needed?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
if the abs and vsc lights are on, there are codes stored in the abs module, they wont be in the ECM, only engine codes there, you need a scanner that reads the abs module, most code readers only read the engine codes, the P codes, but if the lights are on, there is a code in it,Tim