George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Tucson GL: I have a 2007 Tucson the engine check light

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Tucson the engine check light comes on and the engine runs ruff, you turn the engine off and back on light goes off and the car runs better, as you drive, as you start driving it gets to where it runs ruff and everything starts over. What could that problem be ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Jstanswer.There are several things that can set your engine light ON and make your vehicle run rough.The best/fast and right way to figure tis out is scanning the vehicle for trouble codes.When you check engine light comes ON , the computer sets a code ,just fallowing the definition of that code you most likely will fix problem.You will need a scanner or code reader to get this code ,if you don't have one ,just stop at any major auto parts store and they ill scan the vehicle for you at no charge then you can bring me the code and I ill tell you he next step to fix the problem. Good luck.Let me know.Thank you.