Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.
2921078

Hyundai Tucson GL: I am not sure how to describe the problem.

Customer Question

I am not sure how to describe the problem. Basically, it's a hyundai Tucson. The rear window and trunk no longer hold up. I don't know if it's springs but when I open them they fall right back down. Also, the doors don't stay open.They close right back when I open the doors (all 4)
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Do you have the power lift gate option on this or manual?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What's power lift?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
You would push a button and the rear hatch would open up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's manual.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the problem for both the glass and the hatch would be the shocks, these are the cylinders on the sides of both the window and the rear hatch. I am adding a diagram for you.These would have to be replaced in order for the window and the door to stay open and not drop down on you.I am not clear on the door question though, what do you mean they close back up on you?What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What are these parts called? How do I name them?