Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 AZERA STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHEN CAR STARTES

Customer Question

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
HiWhen you say it locks, are you saying it will not turn at all or its just hard to turn?There are some reports of a faulty electronic power steering motor to blame for no steering assist.- - It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The steering wheel locks like when you put in park they removed a key and Turn the wheel but it does this with the engine started and in drive gear
Thanks for the update. For this to occur the linkage inside the steering column that is moved via the key position is damaged. You will need to replace or rebuild this steering column.