George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Sonata: I have an 07 Hyundai sonata with a 3.3 V6.

Customer Question

I have an 07 Hyundai sonata with a 3.3 V6. The power steering pump is bad and I'm pretty sure I have to drop the subframe out to get to it. Can I do this without taking the engine out our removing the axle shafts?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
The steering pump is up on top and does not require heroic measures to remove. Do you mean the steering rack?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually it's on the back of the engine under the head and it's utterly inaccessible from the top.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
So it is not as shown in the service procedure as show in the link here? That is not my experience so please let me know what you are seeing Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah I looks to me as though that might be the 4 cylinder engine setup. I have the V6. Basically, if you're standing on the passenger side of the vehicle, you would be facing the "front" of the engine. From there, the PS pump is located on the left side, but tucked up under the left head. The only visible part of it from above is the pulley. From underneath you can see the back of the pump just past the passenger side drive axle. Either direction, there's no direct way of getting to it, that I can see.