K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

I have a power steering leak. I have a 99 Elantra. The leak

I have a power steering leak. I have a 99 Elantra. The leak is from a metal line. It is connected to the resevoir with rubber tubing. Goes down around a cannister and makes a oval type loop in front of the radiator. I need to know if this is the cooling line or the return line? Or something else? Low pressure or high?
Hello, It sounds like you are describing the cooler line. You can view the diagram here it's part 57540. It's a low pressure line. You may click here for the replacement procedures for the PS lines. If you need further assistance just reply back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will the part be identical to the one shown in the diagram? I believed it to be the cooler line. I really appreciate the help. I am slowly learning my way around cars. Thanks again.

Yes, the diagram is representative of the actual part. Your great description helped me assist you.