Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

Hyundai Santa Fe: Hi thereDrive a Hyundai Santa Fe, added

Hi there
Drive a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe, added 1 litre of petrol to near empty tank,added 70 + litres of diesel and drove home 3km. Am I in danger of serious damage? Do I need to drain and refill?motor has done approx 114,000 km.
Thank you
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Lucky was only 1 lit, and was able to drop in another 70 lit of diesel , this makes the mixture ratio high in favor of diesel and this 1 lit will not affect or damage anything

So don't worry about it when you get down to half a tank add more diesel .

Check and make sure that there are no engine warning lights ON when the engine is running ,and that the engine is not pinking , which i don't think it is with only having 1 lit of petrol with a mix or 70 diesel .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg