Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.

Hyundai Santa Fe: My Santa Fe Hyundai 2008 drives fine almost

My Santa Fe Hyundai 2008 drives fine almost always. The problem is when it doesn't! Occasionally after a short stop after driving it won't restart until it "rests" for 5 minutes then it is fine. When it doesn't start there is no click - nothing. Battery has been replaced to see if that helped. Didn't. Dashboard lights etc. come on so electric doesn't seem to be affected.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are describing is consistent with the starter solenoid overheating and causing the starter motor not to engage.These vehicles generally don't make any noise when the starter is going bad unlike the traditional click that starters normally make.