Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.

Hyundai Sonata: my 2011 hyundai sonata that I just bought used

my 2011 hyundai sonata that I just bought used has been running fine for the last 3 days, but I just stopped to get gas, drove about 1 mile, parked, shut off the engine. Then after about 3 min I tried to start it again and it just clicks but won't turn over. The battery seems fine and I checked all of the connections, but it just won't turn over.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question. Is it just one click or multiple clicks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

multiple clicks

Ok with the multiple clicks this is not the starter or ignition switch. The multiple clicks is the battery or the battery connections even if the battery seems fine and is operating all functions it still needs to be tested. This is what I would suggest as a first step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That worked. I jumped it from another car and it started. if it does it again tomorrow, then I'll get a new battery. Thanks!

No problem thank you.