Neal
Neal, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Hyundai Sonata: I disconnected the hose connecting the air

I disconnected the hose connecting the air filter to the throttle body on my 2006 Sonata. After reconnecting, my Check Engine and ESC OFF lights are on and I have zero acceleration. I had a towel stuffed in the hose to keep any debris from entering the throttle body. I initially forgot to remove the towel before starting the engine. I only moved about 100ft before I realized what I had done. Have I caused a ton of damage?

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

You will need to clear the codes with a code reader, and then as long as you got all of the towel out and did not physically damage anything, it should be fine. Worse case scenario you will need to have a professional quality scanner to reset it. But there should be no actual physical damage just from the towel blocking the intake.

Let me know how it goes and I will continue to assist if needed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that done and get back to you. That makes me feel a little better at least.

I think it will be fine, let me know!!