Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1 diagnostics, 32 years. Electrical expert
13677702

hyundia santa fe: what is the parts and labor cost to replace

what is the parts and labor cost to replace the cv joint on a 2003 hyundai sante fe

Randall :

Hello, I am Randall. I will do my best to help answer your question.

Randall :

which side? front or rear? engine size? thanks

Customer:

both front and rear-engine size v6-2656cc 2.7L f/l

Randall :

so all cv joints?

Customer:

can you give me price for just the front. and also price for rear

Randall :

ok, bear with me a couple minutes

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX time

Randall :

ok, in my area, if we used aftermarket /reman parts form local parts store, we can purchase the Cv axle shafts for about $68 for each of them +/- a little. If dealer new? then it becomes very expensive and each can run aroun d $300 +/-. I am only giving average as prices can vary area to area. what is fixed, is the book labor rate. Doing just the front, book time = 3.3 hours, Doing the rear, book time is = 3.4 hours for a total of near 7 hours for all axles. If say thew shop buys aftermarket axles, they will have to mark up some, they have to make small proffit on parts so lets say each axle is $85 each, hope this makes sense so . If shop rate is $80 per hour, that is $264 labor for the front, and say $170 for the shafts for a total of $434 for the front,. About the same for the rear, This si using aftermarket reman axles, NOT new ones, New is very expensive

Customer:

the car belongs to my daughter and her boyfriend says he can do the front for 180.00 for parts and labor, can this be right?

Randall :

well. I looked at autozone to see the cheapest one can buy an axle. and they are about $65 +/- so that is $130 parts so if he is doing for $50? then I suppose. I do not know what labor he is charging. Sure, he may say , "i will do the front for $50 labor" i would if a close family memebr I suppose

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX has been helpful!!

Randall :

you are more than welcome. Hope it goes ok for you