Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

Hyundai Santa Fe GLS: my 2005 hyundai sante fe 3.5 v6 wont

my 2005 hyundai sante fe 3.5 v6 won't start after fueling at gas station
Hi there,Is the engine cranking and it's not starting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it's cranking everytime I put gas in it will not start but will stert after few tries and few minutes

Ok, when it's running is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Normally what happens with these is the purge control solenoid stick open.What it is. When you fill the car with fuel, the vapors go into the charcoal canister, then as you are driving down the road, the purge control solenoid opens and the fuel vapors are sucked into the intake.If this is sticking open, then when you fill the car, the vapors go into the engine, this causes the engine to be flooded. This is why the car doesn't like to start.If you fill it and then hold the gas pedal to the floor, it will start faster. This is how you clear a flooded engine.This is a very common problem with the Hyundai's, normally replacing the purge control solenoid will resolve the problem.Hope this helps!Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance, if not, then please be sure to rate my answer.Thank You