SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 14 years experience
10552493

Hyundai Santa Fe: I need to replace the Transmission Input

Customer Question

I need to replace the Transmission Input Speed Sensor on my 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe. I have the sensor, I have no idea where it is located or how to replace it. Key thing I need are steps and a physical drawing where exactly it is. My engine is a V6. Saying "It's on the whatsis near the phlebots" is not enough info.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  SuperDave replied 4 years ago.

The input speed sensor is located on top of the transaxle next to the output speed sensor. It has a ten millimeter bolt holding it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry. I have the Air Filter Assembly off, and I can visually see and have free access to the Transmission Output Speed Sensor. I don't see it. I have a similar parts break out diagram with part/identifier numbers that is similar to yours.

I can see the output speed sensor, and I see the bolt holding the output sensor. I do not see a nearby neighboring Input Speed Sensor near it. Please advise.