Daniel, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai technician

hyundai sonata: How do you adjust the projector headlights

Customer Question

How do you adjust the projector headlights on a 2011 sonata?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Daniel :

Hi, I'm Daniel. Welcome to Just Answer. You have unlimited questions. Only positive feedback needed while in info request. Lets get started.

Daniel :

Head Lamp Aiming Instructions
The head lamps should be aimed with the proper beam-setting equipment, and in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's instructions.
NOTE: If there are any regulations pertinent to the aiming of head lamps in the area where the vehicle is to be used, adjust so as to meet those requirements.
Alternately turn the adjusting gear to adjust the head lamp aiming. If beam-setting equipment is not available, proceed as follows:

1. Inflate the tires to the specified pressure and remove any loads from the vehicle except the driver, spare tire, and tools.
  2. The vehicle should be placed on a flat floor.
  3. Draw vertical lines (Vertical lines passing through respective head lamp centers) and a horizontal line (Horizontal line passing through center of head lamps) on the screen.
  4. With the head lamp and battery in normal condition, aim the head lamps so the brightest portion falls on the horizontal and vertical lines. A : Vertical
[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]132.89036544850498[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
Daniel :

Daniel :

would you like diagram to aim points?

Daniel :

or do you want to just do it against a white wall or similair like the old days

Customer :

Any ideas as to why Xenon HID lamps, placed in the projector low beams, would not be performing well? Also, does the adjuster in the diagram, adjust both high and low beams?

Daniel :

4. If the top horizontal edge (cut-off) of the headlamp does not align with the
horizontal marks on the vertical surface for each corresponding beam-low, high,
and fog lamp, use a long philips screwdriver to adjust the headlamps up or down
as needed.

Daniel :

They will be very week if not aimed right.

Customer :

Okay, so the adjustment mechanism adjusts both high and low beams?

Daniel :

These lights dont take a full 12 volts there should be a circuit breaker transducer if you will to modify to the right voltage. its allready included in pakage if you are putting them on after market.

Customer :

Yes, but just to be clear, the adjusting mechanism you mention, will adjust both the projector (low) and high beam?

Daniel :

once low beam is set the lines will show where they will be with fog lights low beams and the high beams

Customer :

How far from the screen is the car?

Daniel :

5 yards

Daniel :

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Daniel :

Click ok or above to give me credit for the answer I have given.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Let me know how it works out ok. you can follow up after positive feedback. If needed.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Did you need anything else? I noticed that I had not recieved credit? usually that menas you are not done with question or you just forgot. Thanks for rating ok and above.