AMD
AMD, Master Technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

Hyundai Tucson: getting trouble code of P0700 on 2005 Hyundai

Customer Question

getting trouble code of P0700 on 2005 Hyundai Tucson. What does this mean?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  AMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Hyundai question, My name is AMD and I will be assisting you today.

This code only means that the transmission computer have seen an issue and have set a code, This is basically to warn you that there's an issue with the transmission and there are codes stored in the transmission computer, This code will go away once the transmission codes are taken care of.

In this vehicle you will need to access your transmission computer and read the codes, In order to do this a professional grade or dealership scan tool is going to be needed to get these other codes, A scan at auto zone or using a regular scan tool will not reveal these codes, Unless you have other codes other than P0700 then I would suggest taking the vehicle to a shop or dealership to get the codes from the transmission computer and then determine what's going on with the vehicle.

If your transmission is working properly and not having any issues then I would suggest you verify the codes, Meaning we'll see if it's a current problem or intermittent, Erase the codes by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few moments then reconnect, take the vehicle for a drive and see if the code comes back on, If it doesn't then most likely it's an intermittent issue, but if the code comes back then it's a current issue and getting the codes from the transmission computer is your next step.

If you have any other questions please let me know, When you are 100% satisfied with my answer please rate it so I may get compensated for my time. Thank you.