George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Sonata: how do i replace a broken rear exterior door

how do i replace a broken rear exterior door handle on a 2007 hyundai sonata
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The procedure to replace the handle is below, look this over and let me know what I can do to help you

Click here for procedure

Thank you

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

This is not updating,

Please let me know if you can see the answer above

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your diagrams do not specify how to actually install the replacement part, I was hoping to receive detail instructions of how to install the part. Maybe when I disassemble the door I can figure it out.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Once you pull the handle it is evident how to replace it. The handle is held with a single bolt and hooked on the other end to hold it in place.

Do you have the new handle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have the handle, but I am waiting for a trim removal kit to arrive in the mail. I was hoping that once that I remove the screw, It want be necessary to remove the inner door trim or glass. Is this an accurate assumption?

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

You only need to tape the tip of a flat screwdriver with electrical tape to remove the trim. All you are doing is protecting the plastic.

Yes you use the procedure I posted above to remove the inner panel and the glass then you can reach through the end of the door to remove the handle. Once you get into this let me know what questions you have and how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks for your help. I will attempt to tackle the repair Saturday morning.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I plan to be online then so let me know how I can help

Thanks

George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience: Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years