Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician
3827149

Hyundai Tucson: 2005 Hyundai Tucson ESP light on. Ive changed

2005 Hyundai Tucson ESP light on. I've changed the brake switch and it's still on. What are other reasons why it's on? It's a V6, 4wd model.
Is the engine light on also?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. It comes on when it's put in drive and start moving forward. Not while in reverse or when in park.

But the engine light is on at these times correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The check engine light has never come on.

Ok whats the code for the TCS light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't understand your question. What code? It's an orange message in the dash which reads, "ESP Off". Pressing the ESP switch does not turn the light off.

There is a code stored for this fault.If you disconnect the battery will the light reset?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know, as I haven't disconnected the battery. I could possible try that tomorrow.

I need to get off line now, and won't be back on line until later tonight.

Not a problem.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.Please rate sometimes the question will close and I will not receive credit for my help.You can add to the question at anytime for no further charge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I finally had a chance to disconnect the battery today, and the light went off after re-connecting. If it comes back on, can I contact you and how?

You can just add to the question for no further charge.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.Please rate sometimes the question will close and I will not receive credit for my help.You can add to the question at anytime for no further charge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The ESP off light is back on. What next?

You need to check for a faulty abs wheel sensor next since it cleared and then came back on. These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks!Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Check for a faulty abs wheel sensor next? And how do I do that?

If you have a scanner you can do this in the data list screen if not you can do this with a meter manually.Do you have a meter.This is what needs to be checked next to fix this issue.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower leaves me negative feedback thanks.Please rate sometimes the question will close and I will not receive credit for my help.You can add to the question at anytime for no further charge.