George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Hyundai Santa Fe: how do you replace the rear motor mount on

how do you replace the rear motor mount on a 2002 hyundai santa fe

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you remove the front and rear through bolts and the front mount there is enough "swing" in the engine/trans when they are hanging off the upper mounts to rock the engine forward and get the rear mount out. Use low profile sockets and a flex head gear wrench to reach the bolts for the mounts. If you are really short on space you can loosen the front subframe bolts and remove the rears to allow the back of the subframe to sag and that gives you a couple more inches to get in there.

Please let me know what I can do to help you with this

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek to secure a positive rating.

Please let me know if the rating box is missing or you are unable to rate for any reason

Thank you

One more thing, if you do "sag" the rear of the subframe remove the rack bolts so it is not pulled down with the frame

Let me know how I can help