George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years

Hyundai Entourage GLS: I have a 2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS The

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Hyundai Entourage GLS

The check engine light comes on and off. Today, when it was on I stopped by the auto part store to use their code reader. I got two codes:

P0160 mod $11
oxygen sensor
circuit no activity
detected bank 2
sensor 2

P2273 mod $11
oxygen sensor
signal stuck rich
bank 2 sensor 2
---------------

Code Summary
Global 2 codes

So my question is which O2 sensor(s) is/are bad, and where are they going to be located so I can switch out the correct O2 sensors. They looked to be abobut $100 each at Advance Auto Parts, so I don't want to replace all if I don't need to.

Thanks.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

All the codes point to the same sensor and that is in the front exhaust pipe farthest from the engine. This is behind (toward the rear of the vehicle from the engine in the exhaust) the cat. The code is for a sensor shorted to power so take a look at the wiring as well as the sensor.

The DTC troubleshooting is below and has a diagram of the sensor location

Click here for procedure

Look this over and let me know how I can help you

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek to secure a positive rating.

Please let me know if the rating box is missing or you are unable to rate for any reason

Thank you

George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience: Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX good info

i am trying to make sure i order the correct part, would this be the downstream rear oxygen sensor?

I don't trust that the customer service reps from advance auto parts always know what they are talking about. They have told me a part was the correct fit before and when i got it home I would find it was not the correct part.

This is the part i was looking at ordering:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_premium-oxygen-sensor-bosch_20474472-p?searchTerm=oxygen+sensor
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes that sensor is supposed to fit your vehicle. I see they are asking $108 for that sensor, I always want to use the factory parts if possible and the list price for the sensor from Hyundai is $122 part number 392103C400 so you might want to go that route and eliminate any chance of getting the wrong sensor.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

George H., Hyundai Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i appreciate all the help.

will it hurt to drive the vehicle before I get the O2 sensor replaced? I don't want to cause other problems, but hate to pay extra for overnight shipping to get the part sent in to the dealer here.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

No problem running it with the Light on, it does nothing but monitor the working of the converter so as long as you don't mind looking at the light you can run it.

I am amazed the dealer doe not have this sensor in stock, it is an "A" part and they are supposed to have it ready.

Please let me know what I can do to help you and if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I finally got ahold of the Kia dealer and was able to get the part from there. The local parts stores did not have the aftermarket version in stock, it and all were at least 2-3 days to get it unless I paid the extra for overnight delivery. I didn't know how the dealer stock would be, I could never get through to the parts counter at the Hyundai dealer and the never called me back, but luckily the Kia dealer was able to get me the part. I will get to work on switching it out here in just a little while. I will let you know if I encounter any other problems and need further assistance.

Thanks again for your help.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, the KIA and Hyundai parts are identical, the aftermarket may not be.

Let me know what I can do to help you with this and I hope it is the relay.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What size socket does this sensor require? Ddo I need to get a deep socket?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

The socket is an O2 sensor socket which has a cut in the side for the wire. It is a 7/8" and is available at any parts store.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks