Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics

hyundai santa fe: where is the purge control valve located

where is the purge control valve located
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

The Purge Control Solenoid Valve is located on the rear of the engine, towards the driver's side. For best access remove the air inlet to the throttle body.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the valve is not visible, is it indide something?

Is this the 2.7L or the 3.3L engine?

I'm sorry you felt the need to rate the service as "bad", however without the proper information, I cannot successfully help you. You need to help me to help you. I do not know what size engine you have, therefore I cannot dig deeper into the information to better assist you. If you'd like to provide me with an engine size, and have me further assist you... please do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ron...I apologize as I was in agonizing heat at the time, and frustrated that I had already seen the pictures you provided. That being said I studied the pictures more carefully and identified reference points and was able to hone in on the valve location. Thank you for your help, and wish you all the best. Rod
That's ok. It happens to the best of us. It would help me out greatly if you re-rated the answer and changed it to something higher than "bad" as this is a permanent mark on my record.