Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician

Hyundai Tiburon: How can I disable the alarm system? It wont

How can I disable the alarm system? It won't run if I put the key in the ignition, the alarm goes off...
Thanks! Connie Johnson
[email protected]
This is a factory alarm correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is.
Ok try this first . Put key in drivers door and unlock two times also try passenger door and trunk and alarm should reset.If that does not work put key in ignition turn to where the radio works and the interior blower motor . Then disconnect the positive battery terminal for 2 minutes and reconnect the alarm should reset . If not and the vehicles battery is fully charges there is most likely a problem with the hood switch . Let me know if the alarm resets.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try what you suggested and get back with you. What else could I try if this does not work?
Would need to disconnect the hood switch ..Also please remember the site has changed and you need to click got the job done or higher or 3 stars or higher so I get credit for my help . Anything else will give me negative feedback and I will not get credit fort help.If you need any further assistance or any questions please let me know.