George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Santa Fe: Replaced crank sensor as you suggested. The

Replaced crank sensor as you suggested. The 3 leads were bare and in contact with each other. However this did not fix the problem. When problem occurs, there is no spark to the plugs. I have noticed at the fuse box under the hood, the 3 fuses marked ECU(2- 20a & 1- 10a) are not energized with the ignition switch on. If you run a hot jumper to any one of these the engine will start instantly & run. The one 15a fuse marked ECU B+ is energized & not part of the problem. Can you give any input on what to look for?

Check the 40 amp ECU fusible link. This provides power directly from the battery to the main relay which feeds the other ECU fuses.

This is at the top next to the 120 amp ALT link and above and to the right of the ECU fuses you are seeing.

If the 40 amp is good swap the ECU relay with another as it is not turning on.

Let me know if you find these and how I can help

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback so please stop and reply to me via the REPY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the ECU relay was the problem. Swapped with another one & the engine started instantly. Put the old one back in & the engine cranked, but would not start. Put the good one back in and we're still running great. Problem solved. Thank you very much.

Glad to help and please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you