Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician
29331485

where is transfer case fill plug on 2001 hyundai santa fe 2.7?

Customer Question

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 2 years ago.
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

REPLACEMENT OF TRANSFER CASE OIL
USE SHELL SPIRAX AX (SAE 80W/90,
API GL-5)

1. With the vehicle parked on a level surface, remove the drain plug and drain
    the transfer case oil.

1. Install tgraphiche drain plug.
  2. Remove the oil filler plug.
  3. Add the specified amount and type of oil into the oil filler hole
  4. Install the oil filler plug.
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm still not seeing where the fill plug is. The diagram doesn't seem to be my transfer case.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

TRANSAXLE GEAR OIL Inspection inspect each component for evidence of leakage. Check the gear oil level by removing the oil filler plug. If the oil is contaminated, replace it with new oil.
1.Raise the vehicle.
2.Remove the oil filler plug.

3.Check the oil level and refill it if necessary. Oil level should be at the lower portion of the filler plug hole.
4.Install the oil filler plug and lower the vehicle.
REPLACEMENT OF TRANSAXLE GEAR Oil use HP Gear Oil SAE 75W/90 (API-GL-4).
1.Raise the vehicle and remove the drain plug and drain the transaxle oil.
2.Replace the gasket with a new one and install the drain plug.
3.Remove the oil filler plug.
4.Add the specified amount and type of oil into the filler hole.

Capacity : 2.43 US qt (2.3 Lit, 2.1 lmp qt)
5.Oil level should be at the lower portion of the filler plug hole.

6.Install the oil filler plug and lower the vehicle.

Tightening torque :29~34 Nm (290~340 kg·cm, 20~24 lb·ft)
7.Warm up the vehicle until the transaxle oil reaches its normal temperature, then check for leakage of transaxle oil.
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Regards Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience: 27 year and 16 year as shop owner, import technician