Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician

Hyundai XG300: 2001 hyundai xg300: P1191, P1193, P0304

2001 hyundai xg300: P1191, P1193, P0304

Idles rough.
Are you also having problems with acceleration?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not so much, it is a little rough when accelerating though. No so much at highway speeds. When stopped at a light the car randomly jerks a bit.
OK this is all caused by a shorted throttle position sensor or dirty throttle body.Has the throttle body been cleaned yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is the procedure for cleaning the throttle body?
Ok disconnect the battery .Remove the air tube to the throttle body .Then take some throttle body cleaner and spray the throttle plate along with the throttle body and clean both with a small wire brush or tooth brush .Reinstall the air tube and reconnect the battery and start the vehicle.If you still have the same issue then the throttle position sensor will need to be checked to fix this issue.It can be checked with a shops or dealers scanner hooked up to the vehicle in the data list screen .They can then tell exactly what has failed to cause this issue.These would be the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.The site has changed so please click got the job done or higher so I get credit for my help.If you need any further assistance please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So the throttle body was very dirty. However it seems the problem stemmed from the fact that the #4 spark plug was loose and not making a good seal. I cleaned the throttle body and the spark plug as both were full of deposits. I tightened everything back up and presto, good as new.
Excellent glad to help.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.The site has changed so please click got it fixed or higher so I get credit for my help thanks.