Tom N.
Tom N., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Certified 31 years experience multiple car lines. I want to assist you!
7314103

Hyundai Sonata: Locked keys in the trunk of a 2012 Hyundai

Customer Question

Locked keys in the trunk of a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. Hyundai roadside assistance came out and unlooked the doors. This triggered the alarm. The trunk still won't open since all the electrical switchs have been turned off by the alarm system. HELP. There has to be a way to open the trunk manually from the inside, right?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tom N. replied 4 years ago.

Tom N. :

Hi, my name is Tom and I can assist you with your problem. Please remember that I only get credit for assisting you when you click on the ACCEPT button after you have all the information that you need to resolve your problem. Are you available to chat?

Tom N. :

Are you there??

JACUSTOMER-1ilwfx65- :

How do I open the trunk from the inside of the vehicle?

Tom N. :

With the rear seat out , go into the trunc through the rear seat. look in the general area of the trunk latch, on the lid of the trunk you should see a manual relase handle. Pull the handle. Your owners manual will give you a description of what the release handle looks like and exact location.

Tom N. :

Hope this helps. please click on the ACCEPT button if I have answered all your questions. Please ask if you need more assistance Bonus is always appreciated . I will post positive feed back for you, please do the same for me.

Thanks and God bless.

Tom