Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician
3827149

2003 Hyundai sonata: cylinder 1 misfire..v6..fuel injector

Customer Question

I have a cylinder 1 misfire on my 2003 Hyundai sonata, It is a v6 and has had problems starting, possibly fuel injector or fuel pump? Not quite sure what is wrong.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.

You could have a bad coil.Here is a test for the coil:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

1. Measurement of the primary coil resistance Measure the resistance between
    connector terminals 1 and 2 (the coils at the No. 3 and No. 6 cylinder sides) of
    the ignition coil, and between terminals 2 and 4 (the coils at the No.1 and No.4
    cylinder sides), and between terminals 2 and 3 (the coils at the No.2 and No.5
    cylinder sides).

Standard value: 0.74 ±10% (Ohm)

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

1. Measurement of the secondary coil resistance Measure the resistance between
    the high-voltage terminal for the No.3 and No.6 cylinders, between the
    high-voltage terminals for the No.1 and No.4 cylinders and between the
    high-voltage terminals for the No.2 and No.5 cylinders.

Standard value: 13.3 ±15% (kOhm)

CAUTION: When
measuring the resistance of the secondary coil, be sure to disconnect the
connector of the ignition coil

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I get the tool to measure the coils at a parts store what is the easiest way to do that?
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
Yes, all you need is a cheap voltmeter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to metion that the coil packs were replaced in may does that make any difference?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
general answer not to informative and didn't tell me anything I haden't already heard
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 2 years ago.
Different expert here.Has timing and compression been checked?Is the engine light on with a P0301 code?