Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

Hyundai 2006 I have 2006 Elantra with air bag light that appears

I have 2006 Elantra with air bag light that appears on my dash. I was told that a code B1448 passenger occupent sensor defect appears when scanned. Where is the sensor? Is it best to bring it to the dealer? What is the cost of the repair? Does it mean that all air bags will not work?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. About your vehicle.

The sensor is part of the seat cushion, (lower) and the seat would have to come out and the cushion replaced. The dealership, (stealership) will want to charge about 2 hours labor and one hour diagnostic time. The seat cushion is about $150.

graphic

The dealership would also have to clear the trouble code(s) from the airbag module so that the light will go out. That is normally included in the repair.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Does the airbag work as designed?

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.
Oh sorry, no when the light is staying on the system will not operate.

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE; YOU MUST HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*
*