Neal, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe: The fuel gauge is now working only sometimes

I have a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3. The fuel gauge is now working only sometimes. The indications are a fuel level sensor is going bad. Is this part of the fuel pump assembly in the fuel tank? Is there another sensor located elsewhere? Should I get the entire fuel pump assembly or can I get the sensor only?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

The actual fuel sender is seperate. from the sensor. Here is a diagram.

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, which should I be concerned with, the fuel sender or the fuel sensor? Is there only one sensor to be concerned with? Should I consider replacing the entire fuel pump assembly?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

There are two sensors, it would be worth having the dealer do a diagnostic to determine exactly where the problem is to avoid changing un-needed parts.

Here is another diagram