Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Hyundai Tucson GL What can I do to get the malfunction indicator

What can I do to get the malfunction indicator light off? Will it hurt my vehicle if I keep driving when this light is on? My vehicle is a 2006 Tucson.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Option 1 is to remove the negative battery cable for 5 minutes to turn the light off till the computer sees the fault again and turns it right back on.

Option 2 you can go to a shop or dealer or parts store and get the trouble codes pulled via scan tool and diagnose the codes and fix the concern.

Option 3 you can leave it and possibly cause more damage and more expensive repairs for example if its a air /fuel mixture code you can flood the converters with fuel and clog them up resulting a 1800$ repair when a possible vacuum hose costing 18$ could of been replaced.