doctor-d
doctor-d, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, Shop Owner
5480360

2002 Elantra: cruise..disengage..rev...only happens once in every 40

I have a 2002 Elantra. Periodically when I depress the clutch pedal the cruise does not disengage and the engine will over rev. This only happens once in every 40 to 50 times when I depress the clutch pedal. I went to my local Hyundai dealer to ask if there was a switch or if it was controlled by the computer I was told that the only way to disengage the cruise was the switch on the wheel or the brake, and that the clutch was not designed to disengage the cruise. This is obviously incorrect. Can someone answer this question for me and possibly point me in the correct direction to trouble shoot this problem. Thanks.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  doctor-d replied 5 years ago.

It does have a dedicated cruise clutch switch indeed. Your dealer? I don't know, not that bright I guess lol.

Attached a picture below for your reference:

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. With the photo I was able to identify the switch. You wouldn't happen to have the Hyundai part number, I can just see me walking into the dealer and asking for it and having them tell me that it does not exist.

Thanks again, Rob
Expert:  doctor-d replied 5 years ago.
You got it! , Its cheap too :)
Clutch Switch 9384038000 $7.94