Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe: the ABS and TCS lights came..crankshaft sensor

I have a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe with a little under 70000 miles on it. About a month ago, the ABS and TCS lights came on. I was having trouble starting the car so i took it in and it was the crankshaft sensor. Today, I get in the car and the ABS and TCS lights are on again but the car is driving fine. They staying on the whole trip (maybe 20 mins). When I got home, I restarted the engine and they were back on. How serious is this problem? I have aXXXXXahead of me and I want to know if my car is going to make the trip.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
HI there!
This means the ABS/TCS is disabled. This will not affect the mechanical brakes or the way the engine is performing.
Likely a problem with a wheel speed sensor or yaw sensor is keeping the light on. This will have to be read for codes when you can have it done to try and determine which part has failed.
The car is safe to drive this way.