Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician
3827149

Hyundai Santa Fe Hi Im looking for an audio wiring diagram

Hi I'm looking for an audio wiring diagram (Color Coding) for a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Car Stereo Radio. I need to install a car stereo and the harness has been cut, I only see cables of diff colors and I'm confused, some of them have the same color.. Could you please help me!
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
Here you go.

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Brown
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Green/Orange
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Black/Orange
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Blue/Orange
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Front Speakers Size: N/A
Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Black
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green/Yellow
Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/White
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green/Red
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the answer but this is not the diagram, this is the one for a 2003 that Tried to map the color against the 2004 and it is not working, i need for the 2004 model. I am not close to the car but I know that it has at least 3 brown cables and 2 red cables and pink/blue etc.
That's is directly from the book. I use this site all the time for radiio diagrams and they are always good.
ClickHere
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've been in that website before. Unfortunately that is not the right color code, I have 2 greens 2 reds 3 browns (with stripes) etc, I could get the exact colors later but definitely the colors stated in the info you have sent do not match the color of what I have.
This is the only other one in the book

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Yellow
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Red
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Red
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/White
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, this is not the one either.
Ok I'm going to contact Hyundai directly and have them fax me the correct diagram . What model sante fe ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
6 cylindres, 2004, Hyundai Santa FE, GLS LX
This is what I was told is correct it has all the colors you stated.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The diagram you just sent is for an alarm or keyless entry installation not the audio diagram that I need. I'm sorry but if you don't know is ok, I can do my own research, i was trying to ask an expert that would know exactly know what i'm talking about, maybe I'll just publish the color of the cables that I have and ask someone to tell me what color is what. Thanks for the answers but this is not what I'm looking for.
No problem that link was actually for another customer . Still waiting on Hyundai and will post what they fax me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok. tks
Ok this is what they just faxed me there are 3 different radios. This should be the answer you need.ClickHereHoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated. The colors are on the diagram. Example, page two of the printout.You'll see LF TWEETER SPEAKER has a notation on the left wire 0.85W and on the right wire 0.85B ... The 0.85 is the wire size, the letter is the color. The W is White, The B is BlackL would be blueR is redY is yellowP is PinkO is orangeG is greenL/O would be Blue with an orange traceand so on. 
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. I'll go at lunch time to the car and write down the colors to see if they match. How do I know what of the 5 diagramas apply to my car model? It had originally a monsoon from factory with radio, tape and CD player. tks again
Yours should be audio system 4 but go by the color codes and you will be fine. Glad to help. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Master ASE Technician