George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

2006 Hyundai: flashers..turn signal do not work..Lights light up

Customer Question

2006 Hyundai Tucson flashers and turn signal do not work. Lights light up
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The flasher does not operate but all the lamps do light?

Have you changed any of the lamps?

Let me know so I can help you

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All lamps are working....no dash indication that any are out
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

OK then it is just the flashers that are not working.

The flasher unit is in the back of the passenger compartment fuse panel as shown in the diagram below

Click here

You will have to change it out to see if that is your problem.

You have not replaced any bulbs/lamps?

The flasher has a pair of catches on the sides that have to be released to allow it to pull out of the fuse box. This is a dealer only part.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
George,
Both flashers and turn signals are not flashing....bulbs light up steady
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

The same flasher runs both functions so the flasher is the common part in this situation.

If you replace the flasher unit you should heave normal operation.

Have you replaced any lamps or bulbs??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no as all bulbs light up when you depress fan give me a little more info as to where unit is locatedlasher button and use turn signal..Now if you c
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

You question is garbled please repost it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All bulbs light when hazard is depressed or turn signals used. If you could just point me closer to where the relay is located. You said passenger. Is that the rear passenger compartment..and if so about where
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

I said the passenger fuse block which is under the left end of the dashboard. If you find the fuse panel on the left end by removing the trim piece with the door open the flasher is on the back of that panel as shown in the diagram I posted.

For the 4th time I am asking this question because it is important, Have you changed any of the lamps or the bulbs??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry..no
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

Ok it is important as changing to LED lamps will cause the flasher not to flash so I wanted to be sure you had a problem with the flasher and not the lamps.

Find the fuse block and remove/replace the flasher from the back and your lights should operate normally again.

The fuse block is on the left end of the dash, open the drivers door and remove the panel on the end of the dash, you will see the fuses. Go under the dash and you will see the back and the flasher. It is not easy to get out of the block there are two catches on the sides of the flasher that have to be released.

let me know what I can do to help you

Thank you

George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience: Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

Glad to help and let me know if you have trouble getting this repaired

Thank you for using JA!!