eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

Hyundai Accent How do i change the transmission fluid in a

How do i change the transmission fluid in a 2007 hyundai accent? plus where is the drain plug and where do i add more?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 3 years ago.
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.RANSAXLE FLUID LEVEL INSPECTION
  1. Park the vehicle at even straight surface.
  2. Before removing the oil level gauge, wipe all contaminants from around the oil level gauge.
  3. Set the select lever to the "P"position and engage the parking brake and then start the engine.
  4. Drive the vehicle until the fluid reaches normal. (80-90 °C(176- 194 °F) )
  5. Move the select lever through all positions. This will fill the torque converter with transaxle fluid. Set the select lever to the "N"(Neutral) position.
  6. Check that the fluid level is the "HOT"mark on the oil level gauge. If fluid level is low, add automatic transaxle fluid until the level reaches the "HOT" mark. Automatic transaxle fluid: GENUINE DIAMOND ATF SP-III or SK ATF SP-III

Quantity: 6.11 (6.4 US qt, 5.4 Imp.qt)

NOTE: Low fluid level can cause a variety of abnormal conditions because it allows the pump to take in air along with fluid. Air trapped in the hydraulic system forms bubbles, which are compressible.

Therefore, pressures will be erratic, causing delayed shifting, slipping clutches and brakes, etc. Improper filling can also raise fluid level too high. When the transaxle has too much fluid, gears chum up foam and cause the same conditions which occur with low fluid level, resulting in accelerated deterioration of automatic transaxle fluid. In either case, air bubbles can cause overheating, and fluid oxidation, which can interfere with normal valve, clutch, and brake operation.

Foaming can also result in fluid escaping from the transaxle vent where it may be mistaken for a leak.

Also check the condition of the transaxle fluid. If the fluid smells as if it is burning, it means that the fluid has been contaminated by fine particles from the bushes and friction material, a transaxle overhaul may be necessary.

Inspect the condition of fluid on the oil level gauge. For the detail check, drain some of the oil fluid out of the pump and then inspect the condition of the oil fluid.

After checking, insert the oil level gauge into the oil filler tube securely.graphicgraphic

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You didnt answer my whole question. do i fill it through the dipstick or somewhere else?
Expert:  eauto replied 3 years ago.
yes thru the dipstick
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience: ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last thing. do i need to change the transmisson filter?
Expert:  eauto replied 3 years ago.
i would not suggest it internal tranny parts need to be removed to access i would advise against doing this yourself....change the fluid and call it a day