eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified

Hyundai My 2007 Hyundai Accents check engine light came on

Customer Question

My 2007 Hyundai Accent's check engine light came on I had it checked out and they told me it was my gas lid. According to the code. Well, they put on a new cap and the check engine light came on before I could get home that day. Now, they just tell me the code shows a problem with the E Vap System. Can you supply me with a list of test they can do to determine what the problem really is. My car also acts like it is not getting enough gas at times when I take off or have to down shift . Any suggestions would help. They don't act like they know what to do next.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 5 years ago.
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. can you tell me the code

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, they did not write it down and they cleared it off. And they don't remember. So, they said when my check engine light comes back on he can hook it back up and let me know then.
Expert:  eauto replied 5 years ago.

there are several evap codes.....the code is really needed

check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.

The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes."