Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

Hyundai xg350: power window..The passanger window..closed position

How to repair a hyundai gx350 power window. The passanger window was working just fine one minuite and the next it will not go down from the closed position. All the other windows works fine.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there! What year is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a 2002
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I see no TSB for a common issue with the window.
Since all others are working, it is not a fuse issue, they all use the same one.
I would start by removing the door panel and checking that the motor is getting power and ground when you work the switch.
Also, the window regulators are cable operated. If you see cables hanging out, then it is the likely issue. Normally however you will get some noise when this happens.
The two wires to the motor are blue and brown. If you get nothing then check the switch for power to it on the purple wire.
Let me know and we can take it from there.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also did not mention that the passanger window will not operate from the drivers door or the passanger door window switches.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, this might actually be a problem with fuse #24 in the fuse box inside the car. It looks to supply power to the purple wire, which comes off the master switch.
Check the fuse and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked the fuse with an ohm meter and there is continuity Its ok.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I think I would next pull out the master window switch on the driver side and check for power on the purple wire. Since it feeds both switches, you may have a break before the window switch.
It may be broken where it goes into the door. There is a solder joint so the master switch isn't the power source, the fuse and purple wire are.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Thank you.

If I do need to replace any of the switches is it a dealer part or are there after market parts avalable? If so where would your recomend. Can they be purchased on line?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
I am sure they are dealer only, I haven't ever searched for Hyundai parts online.
I would search Hyundai OE or factory replacement parts.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience: I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.