Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

2006 Hyundai Sonata: in oct, the Check Engine light came..dealership

HI. I have a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. In Oct, the Check Engine light came on and the dealership said it was the catalytic converter, which I replaced ($1500). On 12/29 it came on again for a missfire in Cylinder 1. They performed a Reflash ($101). On 1/4, it came on again and they said it was an Evap Leak. They replaced the Canister Close Valve ($173). Now, yesterday, it came on AGAIN! That's 4 times in less than 3 months, is it possible they didn't perform one of the repairs correctly? I find it hard to believe that it's a coincidence. The car has 90,000 miles on it and has received all scheduled maintenance and oil changes.
HI there! Do you know what the code is this time?
Well, I can't use your email, I am wondering if you happen to know what the code is that is being stored now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my apologies, I did send a reply to that question, it must not have gone through. I do not know what the current code is as I have not brought it in. I was hoping to get some professional advice and indication as to the liklihood that these 4 incidents of the Check Engine light coming on, in such a short period, are unrelated.

I feel as though I am at the dealership's mercy so to speak and I don't have a lot of confidence in them from past experience. I would like to raise the question to them that a previous repair was not performed correctly, but they could simply deny it and I would have nothing to support my suggestion. That's why I consulted this site to see what you might put together from the repair history and the fact that the light is on yet again. I hope that helps.

OK, no problem.
From what I am reading, the repairs you are showing are unrelated. However, I find it very possible that the light may be on again due to the evap CCV. This is because depending on the original code that led them to replace the CCV, if it was a code for a large leak in the evap system, this might be where they started. If the light is on with the same code then it would be something not tested right.
The converter and the misfire however and even the evap code for the CCV are all separate issues.
If you have the code by chance that they got before they did the CCV and if you could have the new code read by Autozone(they do this free) Then I would be able to tell you if the last repair and the light on now are related. I suspect they will be to be honest.