BigBob
BigBob, Service manager/Technician
Experience:  25 years in the auto repair business
13327319

Trying to locate and replace crankshaft position sensor for 2005 hyundai sonata

Trying to locate and replace crankshaft position sensor for 2005 hyundai sonata 4 cylinder. After doing some reading it looks like it might be a lot of work. Mainly wondering how to get to the sensor in order to replace it and what needs to be done, moved, or removed in order to get to it. Thanks for any help.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

The sensor is located inside the timing belt cover, you will have to pull the timing cover to replace it. graphic

I can give you the timing belt procedure to get to it?

Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I need the procedure please.

I took the top half of the timing belt off and still couldnt see where to plug the end of the wiring harness into. Or where the wiring harness wire led to. Basically taking the top of the timing belt cover off didn't help me much.

Thanks
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
Yeah you will need to take the bottom off to see it. All they give is the timing belt replacement so most of this will not apply.

click here, here and here

Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I didn't quite get enough info to make a decision if I will be able to tackle this job by myself. You didn't tell me if I will need any special tools to do job and approximate time it would take me which would have been helpful.Or how to take pulleys off.
Otherwise you sent me in right direction and approach.