Hyundai expert
Hyundai expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30yrs experience
22989858

2003 Hyundai Elantra: heater..vent and defrost switch..cables

Customer Question

My 2003 Hyundai Elantra heater , vent and defrost switch does not work. How do I gain access to the cables?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Hyundai expert replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.This is done electrically without cables , what kind of problems are you having exact ?
Manual A/C

Control Panel Manual A/C

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

SWITCH CONFIGURATION (MANUAL)

1.BLOWER SWITCH
The blower switch controls the blowing level of the air conditioning system by controlling blower motor speed. The switch has an electrical circuit containing a resister that will regulate blower motor input voltage to control the motor speed.
2.MODE SWITCH
The mode switch controls air conditioning system discharge location. The switch contains an electrical circuit to control an actuator that is connected to the mode door for discharge control.
3.TEMPERATURE SWITCH
The temperature switch controls the temperature door position that will be used to regulate the air conditioning system's discharge air temperature. The switch includes a rack & pinion and a cable.
4.INTAKE SWITCH
The intake switch controls the intake door used to regulate the intake air flow of the air conditioning system. The switch contains an electrical circuit used to control the actuator that is connected to the intake door.
5.AIR CONDITIONING SWITCH
The air conditioning switch controls the on/off position of the air conditioning system compressor. The switch contains an electrical circuit that will switch on/off the power supply to the relay that is connected to the compressor.
6.REAR DEFOGGER SWITCH
The rear defogger switch is used to defog the rear glass. Switching the switch on, ETACS will output a signal to operate the rear glass heat wire.

Control Panel Manual A/C

Register Here

Control Panel Pin Configuration (Manual)

Register Here