Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician
3827149

2004 Hyundai Sonata: AC..the far drivers side..jump..disconnect

OK 2004 Hyundai Sonata started with AC lights not turning off when car was turned off, if we turn the AC off before turning the car off all the lights would go out except for the rear defrost and one of the lights that show air circulation, when you push the rear defrost button you hear a clicking on the far drivers side and rear defrost doesn't work at all now, then one evening head lights would turn on but not stay on or would not come on at all let car sit a few days not using it and the battery was DEAD nothingm tried to jump the battery and the alarm started going off would not turn off had to disconnect. Took to Hyundai Dealer for service they said it was the AC head ($1100.00 part) did not make sense but ok fix it guess what problem not fixed, this car has been at dealer since Thursday I need to call them this AM any suggestions. Please help I was told by someone that it could be the BCM (Body Control Module) let me know what you think!!
Yes defiantly a BCM issue or wiring issue . Were there any added electronics to the vehicle ?All you need to do is contact Hyundai corperate and they will make sure you get 100 percent Reimbursement for the dealers faulty diagnosis. Have you called yet?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No added electronics. No I have not contacted anyone else I am hoping to handle that at dealer
Ok the dealer is going to to blame something else . You need to contact Hyundai corperate asap file a complaint. They will then contact the dealer to reimburse you for the faulty repair and make sure they fix this issue.1-800-663-5151. This is to make sure you get your hard earned money back. No for the problem most common is a faulty BCM for this issue.This is easily checked with there scanner hooked up there will be codes stored leading them to the failure in the body section of the scanner. This needs to be checked next. There were some issues with faulty ignition switches but few and far between . These are the next steps . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated. Also seen coins In the DVD player of the radio causing shorts . Holed this all helped.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you cardoctor74 for all the info
Anytime . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Did you need anytime else. Please don't forget to click the green accept button so I get compensated fort help.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.