Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.

where is the fuel filter of a hyundai xg 350 located and how

where is the fuel filter of a hyundai xg 350 located and how to replace it ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Carguy1 :

HI there! What year is your car?

Customer:

2004

Customer:

now i told you the car model year , what is next?

Carguy1 :

Ok, If it is external is is located under the car near the fuel tank. Most of these are internal and part of the fuel pump module. Here is a diagram of it's location if it is outside the tank.

Carguy1 :

Full Size Image

Customer:

I have seen this diagram at hma service . I jack up the car aan there is no filter in sight from the back or front of the fuel tank.

Customer:

so if it is an internal filter, then the only way to replace it is todrop the fuel tank?

Carguy1 :

No, there is access to the fuel pump under the rear seat.

Customer:

drivers side rear seat ? how to access the pump?

Carguy1 :

Here is a diagram. Pull up the rear seat and you should see an access panel

Carguy1 :

Full Size Image

Customer:

a little skeptical but i have to look at it. by the way how do lift the rear seat?

Carguy1 :

Push the front of the seat in and then pull up, it should come out. If not, then it may be bolted in the back. I am looking for confirmation of that access hole as we speak!

Customer:

Is is bolted?

Customer:

are you familiar that this model car sometimes does not have an in line fuel filter ? hyundai hma service is not very particular on there description either.

Carguy1 :

Yes, there was a service amnual correction because there was a series they put out with the wrong information. I am unable to locate the bulletin right now,but I did see it. If you aren't seeing the filter under the car then it is in the tank

Customer:

thanks.

Carguy1 :

You are very welcome! I am sorry for the lack of good details,but I can promise you the filter is in the tank

Mike V., Hyundai Technician
Experience: I have over 25 yrs. experience on all makes and models. Factory trained for Subaru and Nissan.