Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE Technician

Hyundai Sonata GLS How do you disarm the car alarm on 2004

How do you disarm the car alarm on 2004 hyundia sonata
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Cardoctor74 :

This is a factory alarm correct

Customer:

yes

Cardoctor74 :

First make sure the battery is in the vehicle has a full charge a weak battery will cause this.Also make sure the fob batteries are good and the fob not damaged.Try this disconnect the battery both terminals.Then insert the key in the ignition in the on position where the radio would work right before start.Then reconnect the battery and see if the vehicle start and the alarm reset.If not could be a key fob issue let me know if it works.

Customer:

He lock the car with the car bob then the next day went to unlockthe car with thwe bob it would not unlock, so he unlock the car with the car key the alarm went off the car want start and the only way he cut off the alarm is to un hook the battery

Cardoctor74 :

OK try what I said sounds like the cars battery is weak or the key fob is bad .These need to be checked next.Allot of times if a cars battery is bad it will cause this .These need to be checked next.

Customer:

he put a new battery in the key fob and still do not work. the car battery will have to be check tommrow because he is at work and his car is at his apartment.

Customer:

i talk to a service manager at a dealership he said something about unhooking some wire around the fuse box under the dash to disable the alarm.

Cardoctor74 :

OK ten that would mean it has an aftermarket alarm if its hooked into the fuse box.If thats the case under the drivers dash is a small black wallet size box which is the alarms brain remove all the wires and this will disconnect the alarm.Check the cars battery and try like I stated earlier how to bypass one of these should work.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.

Customer:

no it has a factory alarm

Cardoctor74 :

Ok then there is no wire in the fuse box that only for a aftermarket alarm factory alarm is directly wired into the car.Try the other items I stated and it should take care of the issue .The alarm bypass should work and replace the cars battery if its weak it will affect the alarm.

Customer:

thank you for help

Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Master ASE Technician