eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified

How do I remove an alternator on a 2003 santa fe?

Customer Question

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 6 years ago.
motor size please?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2.7 L engineXXXXX
Expert:  eauto replied 6 years ago.

here is the diagram remove the belt by releasing the belt tensioner and unplug and unbolt the alternator

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your reply, but the problem seems to be the support bolt is in the opposite way from the diagram.
Expert:  eauto replied 6 years ago.
sounds like some one put it in it seized or you can get it out? what is the issue?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is some sort of a plate that is in front of the bolt. Don't know what this plate is and rather I have to try to remove it - lift the engine- what?
Expert:  eauto replied 6 years ago.
i have one at the shop ill look in the morning....I cant picture it in my head but i will get back to you.......if you dont hear back from me by 11 am hit me up hear so i get a reminder.....i check in hear on and off all day...but i need to look at the truck so i can describe you the procedure in depth....I work on so many cars....i cant always picture everything in my head...but i will work you thru this tomorrow